Silver Lake College is now served by Maritime Metro Transit. The bus runs Monday through Friday, from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Students can ride the bus for free by simply showing the driver their student I.D. Maritime Metro Transit serves the cities of Manitowoc and Two Rivers, allowing riders access to many businesses, sights and recreational activities, from Silver Lake College to Neshotah Beach. The college’s bus stop is in front of Clare Hall and bus maps and schedules are posted here, in the Clare Hall entrance and My.SL.
Maritime Metro Transit is a public service provided by the cities of Manitowoc and Two Rivers. All of riders have a right to a safe and pleasant ride on a clean vehicle. While on board, please be considerate of your fellow riders and follow these rules:
- Plan Your Trip Using a Map - Find the nearest bus stop along the route closest to your location or destination. Look at the route times and determine when you should be outside waiting at the bus stop.
- Waiting for the Bus - Be sure you’re by the bus stop waiting for the bus at the suggested time. We recommend being outside a couple minutes before the scheduled arrival time. A few seconds late could cause you to miss the bus.
- All Hail the Bus - When the bus approaches your stop, hail or flag to the driver that you wish to use the bus. Since people stand on corners for many reasons, it’s important to communicate with the driver your intentions.
- All Aboard - Step on board the bus, pay your fare and quickly take the first available seat. Please make sure you’re paying with the exact amount as drivers do not make change. Then, sit back and enjoy the ride. In the event a passenger must stand, please stand toward the rear of the bus and hold onto an available pole or loop.
When riding the bus, please:
- Give your seat to any person who is less able to stand than you are.
- Listen to and obey the driver’s instructions.
- Read informational handouts and notices posted in the buses.
- Take a seat if one is available and remain seated while the bus is moving.
- Wear proper clothing:
- Shirts and shoes are required
- Skates of any kind are not allowed
When getting off of the bus, please:
- Pull the stop request cord located along the windows.
- Wait until the bus has stopped moving before leaving your seat.
- Proceed to the exit door when bus has stopped moving.
- Read informational handouts and notices posted in the buses on way out.
- Be aware of weather conditions outside the bus before exiting.
- Exit bus using hand rails with feet safely planted on curb or ground.
For additional information, please call (920) 686-3560 or firstname.lastname@example.org.