Franciscan Center for Music Education and Performance
On the campus of Silver Lake College of the Holy Family
2406 South Alverno Road
Manitowoc, Wisconsin 54220
Events Coordinator and Administrative Assistant
At Silver Lake College, music is for everyone.
On October 4, 2013, faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends of Silver Lake College of the Holy Family and the Holy Family Conservatory of Music celebrated the Dedication of the Franciscan Center for Music Education and Performance, a 35,000 square foot facility that is the new home of the College Music Program and the Conservatory. Facility rentals are available for many of the beautiful spaces in the building.
The Holy Family Conservatory of Music was founded in 1925 by the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity and has served thousands of students and families over the years. The Sisters continue to provide comprehensive music instruction in piano, organ, strings, winds, guitar, harp and rudimental percussion. Instructors, students and their families are enjoying their new home in the Franciscan Music Center.
The Silver Lake College Music Program has earned a reputation for excellence in music education over more than 40 years of offering undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs, with a particular emphasis in the Kodály method. The College hosts seven choral and instrumental music ensembles, most of which are a mix of students, alumni, staff and community members who come together to learn and share their talents at public concerts throughout the year.
2013-2014 Silver Lake College Ensemble Performances
- Apr. 10, 7:00 pm: High School Honors Recital
- Apr. 17, 7:00 pm: Steinbrecker-Mayer Honors Recital
- Apr. 25, 7:30 pm: Spring Instrumental Concert
- Apr. 26, 7:30 pm: Spring Choral Concert
- May 1, 7:00 pm: Community Recital
Tickets for College ensemble concerts and recitals are $5 for general seating, available at the door or by calling 920-686-6173. *Tickets for our Christmas at Silver Lake concert are $8 for general seating.
Franciscan Music Center Named Rooms and Spaces
Bob & Pat Endries Hall named in honor of the Bob & Pat Endries Family Foundation
- 464-seat performance hall, total audience capacity 500 with loge seating
Ariens Atrium named in honor of the Michael & Mimi Ariens & Family
- Capacity 200 seated for banquets
Main Entrance (northwest corner)
- named in honor of Gerald G. & Mary Jeanne Censky
Holy Family Conservatory Entrance
- named in honor of the Frank G. and Frieda K. Brotz Family Foundation, Inc.
Lake’s Edge Gallery (hallway inside the Holy Family Conservatory Entrance)
- named in honor of Charles J. Deibele & Denise Ristow Deibele
Commissioned art piece “The Canticle of the Creatures” oil on canvas painted by Sister Mariella Erdmann, OSF, MFA, Professor of Art and Director of the Art Program. A gift from the Lee & Eileen Kummer Family in honor of Sister Cecilia Byrns, 47 year faculty member (now retired) of Holy Family Conservatory of Music.
Major Capital Campaign Donors
- LEAD DONOR - Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
- DISTINGUISHED BENEFACTOR ($1,500,000+) - Bob & Pat Endries Family Foundation
- BENEFACTOR ($250,000+) - Michael & Mimi Ariens & Family
- PARTNER LEVEL ($100,000+):
- Frank G. and Frieda K. Brotz Family Foundation, Inc.
- Gerald G. & Mary Jeanne Censky
- Charles J. Deibele & Denise Ristow Deibele
- Sister Ann Mary Hart Family
- Lee & Eileen Kummer Family
- Sargento Foods, Inc.
- Ruth St. John & John Dunham West Foundation