THE PATH TO BECOMING A VISIONARY LEADER - RESOURCEFUL MANAGER - REFLECTIVE EDUCATOR
- Focus on Servant Leadership
- Desired Outcomes
- Competency Based
- Builds on Prior Learning
- Practical and Theoretical
- Flexible, with work online
- One Seminar Meeting per month
Silver Lake College offers a competency based graduate study program for teachers who desire to become administrative leaders in Wisconsin schools. The program leads to a Master of Arts in Education degree and/or Wisconsin School Administration licensing.
Wisconsin Licensure through Competency Based Learning
- PK-12 Principalship - (51)
- K-12 Director of Instruction - (10)
- Director of Special Ed. & Pupil Services - (80)
- School Business Administrator - (08)
- Curriculum is designed to help potential school administrators develop as visionary leaders, resourceful managers, and reflective educators.
- Expectation: The Administrator Leadership Program expectation for both itself and for enrolled candidates, is that all will work to achieve the high degree of excellence that should be the hallmark of a truly reflective educator.
- Candidates are guided in acquiring the knowledge, skills and dispositions needed for effective leadership in the 21st century, specifically to:
- provide more responsive and effective forms of leadership;
- understand how to create organizations which are responsive to individual needs and to cultural diversity;
- acquire and apply new knowledge and use appropriate technologies in the service of human beings.