The health care industry is rapidly growing, creating an ever-expanding need for health care professionals. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, employment in the health care industry is projected to increase 22 percent through 2016, with 3 million new jobs becoming available, many in Allied Health.
Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Leadership
The purpose of the Allied Health Studies Degree Completion Program is to prepare graduates to practice as leaders in their discipline -- Medical and Health Services Management and Health Care Education. A Bachelor's Degree in Allied Health Leadership from Silver Lake College provides students with a broad-based foundation in liberal arts studies, health care delivery/trends, ethical and legal issues, health promotion and disease prevention, gerontology, evidence-based practice and research, health systems management and informatics.
Download program information
What can I do with this major?
Medical Office Assistants
Clinical Laboratory Professional
Medical Administrative Specialist
Occupational or Physical Therapist Assistant
Paramedics/Emergency Medical Professional
Other Allied Health Professional
- Graduates of the Allied Health Leadership program may earn 6 graduate credits they can apply toward a Silver Lake College Masters of Science in Leadership and Organizational Development.
- Students of the Allied Health Leadership Program may explore benefits of the five-year bridge option to the Masters of Science in Leadership and Organizational Development (MS-LOD). Contact the program director of the MS-LOD program for more information.
- This program is designed for people who have earned their associate degrees, completed accredited certificate or diploma programs in Allied Health fields.
- This accelerated program provides an environment where students learn, teach and collaborate together.
- This is a flexible program. Classes are scheduled over an eight-week timeframe and are offered online and in a face-to-face format.