- Submission of transcripts:
- Transfers from a college (s) that do not hold an associates degree must submit a high school transcript.
- Students transferring from a college with an associates degree and a cumulative GPA of 2.0 need not submit high school transcripts.
- Courses completed during previous college experience(s) must have a grade of C or better to transfer.
- Students are eligible for a second undergraduate degree if they fulfill all requirements for the bachelor's degree at Silver Lake College. Additional course credits to be applied to the major will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Students seeking transfer to the Teacher Education Program must fulfill the requirements for admission to TEP. Courses in educational methods are usually transferable if earned in the previous five years.
- Students seeking transfer for nursing must fulfill the requirements for the nursing program. The minimum cumulative GPA is a 2.75. Students must receive at least a "C" in their nursing and science courses to be eligible.
If the high school transcript for six semesters gives evidence of the necessary scholastic ability, acceptance may be offered at that time. A final transcript must be sent upon graduation from high school.
Prior Experiential Learning:
Transfer students may earn credit or credit waiver for prior educational experiential learning. A student prepared portfolio procedure is used to validate competencies. Students who wish to receive credit must enroll in a related guided study. Contact the Admissions Office for guidelines.
We are here to help you as you begin your customized journey at Silver Lake College. Should you have any questions, please contact our Ariens Family Welcome Center by phone at (800) 236-4752 ext. 175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.