Math Science & Business
EDUCATING PROFESSIONAL LEADERS IN BUSINESS AND GOVERNMENT
The goal of the Mathematics, Science and Business Department is to prepare students for a career in business or government. The curriculum includes business foundation courses designed to provide students with a broad understanding of business and management functions. In addition, each student selects a major area of study, which fosters the development of proficiency in a particular professional field.
Upon successful completion of major course requirements, students will:
- Acquire an understanding of the basic theories and practices in the functional areas of business.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and the ability to express the key concepts and methodologies of their chosen fields.
- Demonstrate competency in the use and application of standard business-related software; word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Develop an appreciation for the legal and ethical consequences of decisions with which managers and leaders are frequently confronted.
- Develop and demonstrate servant leadership.