- Traditional Program
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Arts Curriculum Through Summer 2010
- Key Concepts of the Liberal Arts
Liberal Arts Studies
The liberal arts are branches of learning that:
- lead to the integration of values, processes, content, structures, and experience
- free persons to develop intellectually, morally, spiritually, and aesthetically as professional persons within community.
The liberal arts provide an experience which:
- gives skills, values, and concepts
- for empowerment, self-direction, and motivation for life long learning
- resulting in intellectual inquiry, integration, commitment, and service.
Key Concepts of the Liberal Arts
The liberal arts provide an experience which gives skills, values and concepts, for empowerment, self-direction and motivation for life long learning, resulting in intellectual inquiry, integration, commitment and service.
Silver Lake College's program of Liberal Arts Studies is designed to help the student acquire the breadth of knowledge and master the skills that characterize the liberally educated professional person. It aims to meet the following goals and objectives.