Admissions Requirements and Processes
As an international student, whether you are entering an undergraduate or graduate level program, your needs are different from a regular student's. For your safety and security, we ask that you follow the following guidelines:
- Complete a Silver Lake College application.
- Have all of your official academic transcripts sent directly from the high schools and colleges attended to the Silver Lake College Admissions Office.
- Take the TOEFL test and have your scores sent directly from Educational Testing Services to the Silver Lake College Admissions Office. Silver Lake College requires a minimum score of 550 on the ITP, or 213 on the computer-based test, for admission.
- Provide official affidavits of financial support to the Silver Lake College Admissions Office. The student is responsible for all expenses incurred while attending Silver Lake College.
- Have a transcript evaluation by an accredited agency.
- Provide proof of health insurance coverage. Find details on federally mandated requirements here.
Formal acceptance into Silver Lake College and student visa paperwork cannot be completed until this information is received and reviewed by the Silver Lake College Admissions Office. Please note that the college cannot send you the necessary paperwork for your student visa until the academic and financial requirements specified above are met. When you have fulfilled the Admissions application requirements, you will receive formal notification of acceptance from the Admissions Office. After this is done, you may request an application to apply for limited institutional financial assistance.
Silver Lake College will process a student file as soon as all the information has been received and reviewed. International students should allow 6-8 months to complete the acceptance process.
All foreign students attending Silver Lake must be financially independent, which means that they are responsible for all costs. Expenses are determined on an individual basis. Please contact the Admissions Office for more specific information by calling 1-800-236-4SLC ext. 206 or email email@example.com.