ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESSES
How to apply:
- Complete an Undergraduate Application.
- Have your official transcripts sent to the Admissions office from all accredited colleges attended.
- Request a transcript evaluation to apply your credits previously earned to a program.
- Have your High School/GED/HSED transcripts submitted to the Admissions office if you are transferring less than 30 college credits.
- Submission of transcripts:
- Transfers from a regionally accredited college (s) and have less than 30 credits accepted in transfer must submit a high school transcript. A minimum of 16 units in college preparatory credit to include 4 units in English, 2 units in mathematics, 1 unit in history, 1 unit in social studies and 1 unit in a lab science is required.
- Students transferring from a regionally accredited college who have 30 credits or more accepted by Silver Lake and a cumulative GPA of 2.0 need not submit high school transcripts
- Courses completed during previous college experience (s) must have a grade of C or better to transfer.
- Students are eligible for a second undergraduate degree if they fulfill all requirements for the bachelor's degree at Silver Lake College. Additional course credits to be applied to the major or minor will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Students seeking transfer to the Teacher Education Program must fulfill the requirements for admission to TEP. Courses in educational methods are usually transferable if earned in the previous five years.
If the high school transcript for six semesters gives evidence of the necessary scholastic ability, acceptance is offered at that time. A final transcript must be sent upon graduation from high school.
Prior Experiential Learning:
Transfer students may earn credit or credit waiver for prior educational experiential learning. A student prepared portfolio procedure is used to validate competencies. Students who wish to receive credit must enroll in a related guided study. Contact the Admissions Office for guidelines.
We are here to help you as you begin your customized journey at Silver Lake College. Should you have any questions, please contact our Transfer Recruiter, Tara Wachowski, at (800) 236-4752, ext. 208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find additional information on when specific courses are offered.
Apply online to the Silver Lake College Traditional Undergraduate Program.
Learn more about Silver Lake College and request a paper application.
Learn more about the general requirements of our Traditional undergraduate program.